When we think of California, we think of Hollywood, Disneyland, the Golden Gate Bridge, and of course, spectacular beaches. Fortunately, California is filled with many, generous job opportunities for ambitious and talented individuals, especially in the tech field which has been gaining a lot of attention in the working environment in California’s major cities: San Diego CA, Los Angeles CA, San Francisco CA, and Mountain View CA.
With that being said, you don’t want to miss a golden opportunity to work in the golden state, here are the top 8 in-demand California IT jobs!
Top 8 California IT Jobs
1. Big Data Engineer
- Average yearly salary: $140,000
- What you’re expected to do: Develop, test, and maintain solutions of big data for the company, collect big data from different sources, develop Hadoop systems, collaborate with the software research and development teams, manage the communications between the survey vendor and internal system, maintain productive systems, build cloud platforms for the development of applications of the firm, train the staff on data resource management, ensure the firm’s data are secure, ensure that downstream users have the ability to access the data efficiently and quickly.
- Required skills and experience: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering. proven experience as a big data engineer, knowledge of scripting languages (Java, Ruby, PHP, Python, R, C++, Linux, etc), knowledge of Hadoop, knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL, familiarity with AWS, Mesos, and Docker tools, ability to solve complicated data and problems, and great project management and communication skills.
See Also: 5 Best IT Jobs In Toronto
2. Data Scientist
- Average yearly salary: $150,000
- What you’re expected to do: Mine big data for useful insights, solve problems by utilizing a combined knowledge of computer science, modeling, statistics, applications, and analytics, collect data from different sources, analyze data, communicate key information and insights to information technology leaders and business, make recommendations based on the insights.
- Required skills and experience: Excellent technical writing skills, proven experience with AI and machine learning, familiarity with data management tools, ability to communicate big data in a simple way, ability to effectively visualize data, problem-solving and analytical skills, ability to work in a group or independently, and attention to detail.
3. Software Engineering Manager
- Average yearly salary: $148,498
- What you’re expected to do: Oversee and manage the development and design of software applications, direct the work of engineers, ensure that goals and milestones are met, secure systems against viruses and hacker attacks,
- Required skills and experience: Bachelor’s degree, extensive knowledge of department processes, and 5+ years of experience in the field.
Related: Best 5 IT Jobs in Boston
4. DevOps Engineer
- Average yearly salary: $140,000
- What you’re expected to do: Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure, understand the needs of stakeholders and convey this to developers, plan out projects and be involved in project management decisions, secure systems against cybersecurity threats, identify technical problems, develop software updates, work with software engineers and developers, create ways to automate and enhance the process of development, and test and examine code written by other individuals and analyze results.
- Required skills and experience: BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field experience as a DevOps engineer, excellent knowledge of Python or Ruby, proficiency with SQL and databases, proficiency with git and git workflows, problem-solving skills, and the ability to work in groups.
5. Artificial Intelligence (AI) Specialist
- Average yearly salary: $110,000
- What you’re expected to do: Create and manage the AI development process of a product, build AI models, explain how the AI models are useful to individuals in the organization, conduct statistical analysis and interpret the results, automate infrastructure for the data science team, develop infrastructures for data transformation, and transform the machine learning models into APIs.
- Required skills and experience: A bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject, like computer engineering, data science, information technology, or statistics. You must also possess good programming, analytical, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration skills.
6. Applications Developer
- Average yearly salary: $87,602
- What you’re expected to do: Build and maintain mobile and web applications for the company, collaborate with the company’s team to make sure these apps are aligned with both customer needs and organizational goals, and find innovative solutions to security viruses and threats that hinder the performance of the apps, carry out regular performance and security checks, improve the application development process, and monitor the performance of different apps to ensure they run properly.
7. Full-Stack Developer
- Average yearly salary: $106,000
- What you’re expected to do: Manage the entire software development process, manage the production of applications and software, maintain and upgrade the software, modify and test changes to previously developed programs, oversee and guide the building, writing, deployment, and analyzing of software, and oversee the automated testing and give feedback to management.
Are you an IT professional looking for developer jobs? Register your account at Talentprise.
8. Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
- Average yearly salary: $153,677
- What you’re expected to do: Perform oversight of the development, implement and evaluate the information system security program policy, analyze network security, evaluate assessment documentation, and work on developing and maintaining an Information Systems Security Program.
- Required skills and experience: Proven experience as an information systems security manager and Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Talentprise is a Skill-driven, AI-powered talent sourcing platform. Helping job seekers in the IT industry land the job they love and deserve, while enabling tech companies to find the best fit candidates for their business.
Did you find this article useful? You can visit Talentprise.com and learn everything you need to know to find your dream job!